When you join, you support our mission to promote excellence in professional practice, academic study, and advocacy for public diplomacy through:
- A global network of public diplomacy experts, contacts and colleagues.
Your own name (and resume, if you wish) listed on our Members Page.
- First Monday Forums: A dynamic news-making monthly program co-sponsored by the University of Southern California Annenberg Center for Communication Leadership and Policy and George Washington University School of Media and Public Affais
- Annual awards that recognize outstanding PD work overseas and domestically and the organizations and individuals that facilitate public diplomacy at home and abroad.
- Special Rising Professional events geared to our youngest members
- Selection and mentoring for Davis Fellows in cooperation with the Council of American Ambassadors (CAA)
- Training programs conducted by PDCA members for foreign diplomats and international visitors
- Affinity groups that share specific specialties within public diplomacy
- The President's Weekly Update (via email) including news, calendar of PD-related events, and selected articles and current events commentary
- A rich archive of PDAA newsletters
- Dynamic website featuring blogs, publications, advocacy information, teaching aids and ways for members and potential members to connect and learn.
- Advocacy programs to strengthen U.S. public diplomacy
- Speaker lunches at DACOR-Bacon House (or via Zoom)
- The quarterly feature-filled public diplomacy newsletter
- Occasional special programs