To apply for membership as a Rising Professional, you'll need to be recommended by a PDCA member. We also ask that you complete an application form, providing a biographic note or a resume (which can be a link to one online) and a photo. Your annual dues are just $25.
This membership category was established in 2020 after PDC Board members met with interested graduate students from area universities and Foreign Service candidates. The group is active, enjoying connections in person and online with each other and with senior PDCA members.
Here are some of the benefits:
- Participation in PDCA members-only programs
- Networking events designed for Rising Professionals
- Career roundtables
- Academic resources on public diplomacy topics
- Reciprocal mentorship and counseling
- Publishing opportunities in PDCA media
- Volunteer experiences and learning opportunities
- Fellowship openings
Rising Professionals Daniela Suarez (left) and Claudia Del Pozo (right) pose with Ambassador (Ret.) Susan Johnson, President of the Association for Diplomatic Studies and Training. Also pictured is the Hon. Benjamin Franklin, former Minister to France and icon of ADST.